Mimo

Mimo

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wearing the inside out....

Oh Pink Floyd, what were you saying? My mind wonders inward and the words bring me to a place I hate to admit I have landed, by choice? by action? by something outside myself? I wonder....I should just accept the blame and realize I have done this to myself but I feel like a victim of circumstances outside of my control. My "self" is not what I believe it should be, I can hardly recognize what I see when I look into the mirror. What happened?? It seems like everything changed overnight but I realize it has been this way for nearly 30 years. I made a mistake when I was young and thin, I went on a diet. I thought I was fat, my husband treated me like I was fat, I believed it but it wasn't a fact. I was actually thin, perfect really, but I could not see it so I began what was to become 3 decades of trying to be really perfect but it never happened. As I thought about being fat and worked so hard not to be fat my greatest fear happened, it happened, I became the fat person I thought I was. Now it is no longer a figment of my imagination, it is a reality, and unhealthy reality. I no longer want to go places and do things that I loved doing because I don't like the way I look or can't find clothes that fit. My life has become mundane, reclusive, uneventful, unfulfilling.... all the things I was trying to avoid. And now, here I am, so unhappy with it and not knowing how to undo all the years of damage I caused by dieting. Mimo doesn't diet, she goes out and visits friends, she hangs out at the beach and wears cute clothes. How I wish I was Mimo!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I think you are Mimo,You have excellent taste in decorating,you are fun and you know how to dance as well as Mimo (I don't think you can levitate though),everyone who knows you loves you and your husband always says how beautiful you are are,Your kids adore you and your employees like you too.
    The real issue is not the weight but the one who weighed you down from your father(and mine)and mother(ditto) and ex husband. If you really want to be thinner then you can,all you have to do is commit and just go for it one day at a time and like Dr. Phil said "a year from now is going to come and you can be thinner or the same in that time period ,it is up to you",we can do this together,the weight loss is the easiest part,the soul searching is what is hard and maybe as you write your blog in the coming months and you are happy on the inside with who you are then you and Mimo will be one in the same because the truth is you are Mimo and Mimo can only be happy if you allow her to be.
    I love you sis,Happy Birthday
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete