Mimo

Mimo

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What your eyes cant see...

Do you realize that you can never truly see yourself? You can look in the mirror to see your face, your eyes, your body but it is only a reflection. You can never actually "see" your self. You can stare into the reflection of your eyes but will never be able to look into your eyes and see what is really there. You can never see all the nuances of your face because you can only see what the mirror reflects, same with your body. It would be interesting to be outside of yourself so you could look and see what other people see...how you look, how you act, how you laugh, how your eyes speak...being a twin would be the closest you could actually come to that I believe. I wonder what I would think of me if I was someone else looking at me. I think we often wonder that and I believe that is what drives our actions. Being so afraid of how we are perceived can sometimes keep us from truly living a free life, we hide so much of ourselves, cover so much of ourselves. I wonder if gaining weight is another form of covering up what we fear people will see if they could really see us? It allows us to avoid so many things that makes us so fearful, so afraid of being judged, so afraid of being vulnerable. What is the worse that could happen if we could feel good in our skin, whether we can actually see it or not? I am not afraid of being judged by others, but of being judged by myself, and it can be hurtful. So many times a day kicking myself for not being what I think I am supposed to be, for not doing what I should be doing, for not being perfect. That's a big burden I put on myself and I don't know how to be free from it. Do I blame my parents for ripping my self esteem from my very soul? My former husband? Teachers, friends,kids from school, neighbors, uncles, aunts, cousins??? It's all there isn't it? I let it happen for I was not strong enough to realize that they had no power over me, I let each and every word tear a little bit of who I am away from me. So, I blame myself and that makes me sad because it could have been avoided. I should have let myself be free ages ago. So now I don't worry so much about what others think or say but there is still a hole and I don't know how to fill it up. So does that mean I am still "Comfortably Numb"? I thought I was past that but maybe not completely. I need to say "thank you for all the lessons" to everyone that contributed to "me" but let go of all the hurt left behind. I don't need it anymore, it's not who I am. I'm not a kid anymore, time to move on and just let it be. Maybe I lied, maybe I do fear what other people think. What a shame.

2 comments:

  1. Distorting the reality of your shape and size is all you see! You only see what has been bored into your subconscience thinking,the old tapes of not measuring up,the old movies of hurt, insecurities,the pain of what you perceive as failure.
    How can you be a healthy happy Mimo if you don't let them go,like purging old clothes that you have outgrown and no longer need. Why can't we let go of these things? Do we feel that we don't deserve to be happy and free? Is this too little seratonin,hormonal hell? Don't you think that we have suffered enough and warred with ourselves,It's time that we won!! We need to make a vow to find the things that make us happy and do them!,Our years are going by fast and I want to say that I lived my life and not that I regreted so much,this is what makes us old and it is the same thing that dad does and we and even Samantha are doing the same thing and we have alot to be happy about and I am willing.We have to stop living in the past,sometimes when we do we get those memory floods that are so painful and we relive the pain and it takes us to a dark place that is hard to get out of. We need to dwell on the good or we will be just like dad and never really see the beauty that is looking back at us in the mirror and that is all around us. We cannot go foward with a diet,exercise plan if we don't believe in ourselves,we are each others allies,we will fight and protect each other and get healthy together,It aint the food that is causing us to fail ,it is our own subconscience.If you could see what I see when I look at you then you would be very happy with who you are. Here comes the Sun!

    ReplyDelete